Thursday, March 3, 2011

They Keep Asking...


The million dollar question is..."So, are you getting nervous for the big shave?!"

The answer is...nope, nada. Will I miss my hair? Probably on some days, but mostly, nah. I mean, this is temporary for me. I'm 99.9999% sure my hair will grow back over time. And from most of what I've heard, its supposedly will grow back stronger and better than ever, so perfect.

At the beginning, it definitely forced me to ask myself some important questions. Some heart exposing questions. Worth, beauty, appearance, perceptions. The list goes on. And it amazed me that all this could come from something as silly as my length of hair. Right? What I say I believe and what I do about my beliefs seem to be the where the rubber meets the road. And this girl isn't going down like that. I'm puttin all my chips in (if I ever had any chips to put in). If this life is only a glimpse into eternity, then shoot, I better start giving to things that will last.

To be honest, I think these kids losing their hair are gaining something worth much more than silky, smooth locks. They learn an inward beauty, an inward search, that most of us never dare to explore. Really, they are probably better off without the hair in the long run. But I figure, with all the physical pain they endure, if they want a stylish wig to feel human for a day, more power to em. And its my honor to supply it.

What I really can't believe, is that this whole shindig is going down in two weeks from today. Because I've been so focused on getting my husband home, time is flying by when it comes to everything else.

0 comments:

Post a Comment