Thursday, July 22, 2010

Summer Books



Nick & I are reading some great books right now. Nick is reading Churched by Matthew Paul Turner. It is a hilarious story of the author's journey in an old school baptist church. Nick is constantly laughing out loud, Matthew Paul Turner's writing is refreshingly honest and sarcastic.


I am reading Rest: Living in Sabbath Simplicity by Keri Wyatt Kent. Learning about the importance of rest not only intentionally on Sabbath but as well as a sabbath type of living and rhythm everyday in our busy lives. Keri integrates a lot of our Christian heritage into this understanding which I really appreciate and am learning a lot from it.

When we rest intentionally in God's presence, we are saying, "God I trust you when you say your love is unconditional. Because I am receiving your love - without doing anything."

0 comments:

Post a Comment